Thursday, January 3, 2013

Building a team

Today, Fernando and I reviewed my progress in narrowing my goal. This past week, I've been trying to expand my network on Facebook so that more people can potentially be reached about the project.
I gave him my goal: $40,000. That would complete the church building in Ukraine, allow FaithLauncher their 15% fee for helping with the project and maybe even help the missionaries son find proper treatment for his deformed finger (two doctors, two surgeries later on a splintered bone). Steven, the missionary's son has worked on the church building regardless. Most would accept worker's comp (if available) and forget about working until their body was healed - but Steven isn't typical in this regard and neither is the work that needs to be accomplished. 
So, my homework for this next week and the week after is to assemble a team of like-minded, like-hearted individuals who have a burden of their own for missions work. I have a few Bible college classmates who may be willing to help - but it's going to take a ton of work no matter who volunteers.
I sent off a rough piece of concept art to Philip Vaughn, a college friend who has skill in that area. He has kindly agreed to look at it and maybe will help with the design of the project logo.
Contacted another friend who will pray about joining the team. I have a few other names in mind.
Of course, everyone has busy schedules. One just has to figure out what is most important and prioritize accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment